A Weekend Back Home

Over the weekend, I went for a visit to see my family back home and thought I'd share some outdoor photos I took while I was there!  I miss being in the country SO much!  Relaxing and catching up on a bit of reading on the bench swing outside at my moms was so nice!  I love the sounds of nature when traffic and city sounds are far away and can't be heard.  I think that might be what I miss most.
 
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before, but I collect Cicada shells!  I like to keep them in a little glass Mott's apple juice jar that I keep on my bookshelf.  While I was visiting I was able to find 26 of them to add to my collection!  I seriously felt like a little kid hunting Easter eggs :)  It was great! 
 

While waiting for the 6th installment of the Chelsea Cain series I was reading (which I have become SO obsessed with by the way), I picked up Faceless Killers by Henning  Mankell.  It's book #1 in the Kurt Wallender mystery series.  It had a bit of a slow start, but the more I read the more I like it.  I'll probably pick up book two once I finish the final Chelsea Cain novel: Let Me Go.  What are you reading now?


I saw this grasshopper resting on the hood of my moms truck and couldn't resist trying to sneak in and getting some shots of him/her :)  I was really surprised that he tolerated me for so long!  He just sat there seemingly not caring about me being there at all.  He did finally turn and look at me and started swaying from side to side like he was ready to throw down if it came to it.  I guess he was really happy sitting alone in the shade there!


I'm so glad the weather is starting to cool off a teensy bit.  I think it's become tolerable enough for hiking again!  I can't wait! 

Do you collect anything from nature?

4 comments:

  1. Great nature shots. Love the grasshopper, he's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some seriously amazing pictures, it's so lovely to see your family again isn't it? I love your blog lovely, the design of it is amazing. I hope you enjoy hiking!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! It's always lovely visiting family-I miss home so much sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Aw, your dog is such a cutie! I'm visiting home next week - and am so excited! (Especially to see my boyfriends pet dogs! Eeek!)

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete