A New Feature: Man Crush

Okay, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak for myself (and HOPE that I'm not alone here because it would be a little bit embarrassing)....but I never quite got over the "boy crazy" stage of youth.  I've  since graduated and made the transition to what I call "Man Crazy" or having mass amounts of "Man Crushes".  Remember the days of boy bands and being excited to collect posters from the next issue of Tiger Beat magazine?  I really wish I had photos to share with you of what my bedroom looked like as a little girl.  It would have been really fun to share for this post!  Covered from floor to ceiling in posters of my favorite guys-that's what it looked like!  I don't have posters of hot celebs adorning my walls these days, but I am guilty of dedicating a wall of my previous work-space to what I called "The Man Wall".  It was silly and fun and kept us girls entertained.  Here's a peek of that wall actually:
Since I no longer have a "Man Wall" at my workplace, I'm going to share my current crushes here instead!  I've considered having a feature like this before, and decided that I'd give it a shot after an experience I had late last week.  I'm going to let you know ahead of time that I'm somewhat embarrassed about what I'm about to share, but I've been laughing about it for the past few days so maybe you'll get a laugh in too.  So here we go:
I was at work when a co-worker came in saying that one of the roads around the corner was blocked off due to filming.  When I asked what was being filmed and she responded "a movie", my first thought was that it must be a local movie because there's not a lot of movie filming action going on here.  So I asked her if there was anyone in it that we would recognize and she said "Well it has that one guy from that old show Hercules..." at which point I blurted out in an embarrassingly excited and loud voice "KEVIN SORBO IS BACK THERE?!?!?!"  I immediately started laughing at myself because I knew how ridiculous I must have sounded.  When I was 9 or 10 I watched Hercules religiously and he was probably my first celebrity crush.  Yes.  I know.  Laugh it up!  It was him and Lorenzo Lamas from Renegade.  Yes.  I know.  Laugh it up some more!  Apparently I had a thing for tanned muscle men with long hair.  If you've never seen either of these shows, you have to AT LEAST watch the intros so you can understand why you should be "laughing it up".  Prepare yourself...these are pretty corny!


I hope you look forward to seeing who I share in upcoming Man Crush posts...I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

Who did you have crushes on when you were younger?

No comments:

Post a Comment