Soap Cute: Prototypes

With my Etsy shop opening date creeping up quick, I feel like I'm so far behind!  I've got until September 22nd to have the following done:
  • Complete 40 designs.  Make, Package, Photograph, & Draft Listings.
  • Design and order labels.
  • Get tax ID and DBA.
  • Open business bank account.
The last two will take no time at all, just a bit of money.  I'm not too worried about those, as I know none of them will be a problem for me.  Finishing at least 40 *approved by me* product designs and labels are the two that are worrying me.  As of now I have about 12 tested and approved.  Friday afternoon I received a giant supply order and have been making prototypes over the past couple of days.  Here are a few:
 I'm really happy with the way these little pumpkins turned out.  They're pretty small and I'm considering selling them as a trio as well as part of a Halloween themed mini-soap set that I'm still working on.  I had a bit of the soap left over so I went ahead and tried it out in a new bear mold I recently purchased.  I have a couple of great ideas for the bears that I will be sharing in an upcoming post and possible giveaway.  I can't wait to show you!
 As part of my recent supply order, I received a sample of this bronze sparkle mica powder colorant.  My goal here was to create a "Heart Of Gold" soap, and this color turned out really pretty.  They're still a bit translucent, so I will probably up the amount of color I add to the final batch. 
I made a batch of these when I first began to play around with soap making.  I'm thinking of selling these in trios of different colors, but can't decide what to go with.  I definitely want to keep the black.  I'm thinking I may try a deep purple/sparkly one, but I can't decide on a third color.  What do you think?

I can not begin to describe how delicious these soaps smell.  My entire apartment smelled like I was baking up pies and berry cobblers last night.  I think that's one of the things I love most about soap making-all of the yummy fragrances!

I've got a lot of designing ahead of me, so I better get back to work.  I hope you are all having a fantastic Monday! 

8 comments:

  1. The third colour should be pink, green or orange! I'd go with pink or green myself. Keep it colourful. The soaps look like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to try out the pink and green-I think they'll be great!

      Delete
  2. Those soaps are so cute! Good luck with getting everything done and opening your Etsy shop. I just got done with a craft fair yesterday, so I hear you about having all these last minute things to do. Those last decisions are always the hardest:) Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Things are coming along so well. Congrats on the success and the goals. Good luck getting everything together. I can't wait to see your shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to share more!

      Delete
  4. wow, this is just awesome!
    I think those nice soap designs are just to beautiful to actually use it^^
    But I hope everything is going to be ready until you open your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love those spooky black ones!

    ReplyDelete