Hiking Adventure / 5

Although Spring is officially here, and flowers are beginning to bloom...Sunday's hiking trip did NOT feel like Spring in Texas...AT ALL!  The high was in the lower 50's and it was sooo windy!  I know...I'm a such a weenie right?  I'm so happy we ended up going though, because we snagged a really neat skull while we were there!  Matthew spotted it on the side of the path, and I immediately snatched it up.  I still haven't identified it, but I'm working on it.  If any of you have any ideas let me know!  I'm going to bleach it and seal it for my curiosity collection I've been working on.       


I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit more and for everything to be green again!  It's one of my favorite times of the year :) 
 
Have you been hiking lately?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your snow-less ground. These photos are lovely! I can't wait to hike without trudging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I'm such a weenie when it comes to cold weather! I can't imagine trudging through snow!

      Delete
  2. What a crazy looking skull!! Sounds like you guys had a great hike. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it may be part of a deer skull...but I'm working on finding out for sure. It looks like it could be a deer skull with part of the snout missing.

      Delete
  3. I love the photos, it makes me want to go hiking! I agree with you about the weather as well. I'm anxiously waiting for warmer weather over here in Seattle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some really cool finds! I love photographing and collecting random things on trips.

    ReplyDelete