Hiking Adventure #4

After a very long (and very missed) hiking break, Matthew and I went on our first hike of the year. The weather was beautiful and it was really nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air. I'm definitely aching all over today, but I'm ready for more! The only bummer is the fact that Texas winters cause everything to just look sad and dead.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but  I can't wait to compare these photos to the ones I'll have when Spring and Summer roll around!  I love when everything starts looking bright and alive...not to mention all the neat bugs and winged creatures to marvel at!
This is really neat.  The two photos below were taken at different times (as you can see by the position of the sun).  The one on the right is when we started and the one on the left is when we were leaving.  I was somehow (without even trying) able to get two separate photos that lined up almost perfectly.  How cool is that???
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  P.S.  I'm still collecting Cicada shells and was so happy to look up and see one when we stopped at one of the picnic tables.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Your hike looks lovely. It's so bizarre for me to see photos like this, considering everything here is covered in a sheet of white snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It looks and feels like Fall here for the most part. I've never lived somewhere that gets "real" snow in the winter. We normally get one day out of the year (not every year!) that snows briefly. We already got our snow for the year and it was gone by the end of the next day.

      Delete
  2. Looks fun! It's a little too cold for us to be hiking here in Virginia. I am looking forward to doing more once the weather warms up in the spring.

    ReplyDelete