Looking Back: July 2012

Mani Monday
I'm so proud of myself for staying on top of this and having my nails different every week!  I think my favorites were the ones I did for the beach.  You can see all of my Mani Monday posts here!

Hiking Adventures and Snapshots
I'm so happy that Matthew and I have adopted Sunday as our weekly hike day.  We've found the perfect little trail and I'm in love with all of the little goodies I've found each time!  You can see all of the hiking snapshots from our last two trips here and here!




Frugal Friday
I've always been one of those people that lives paycheck to paycheck and finds "saving money" to be one of the most difficult tasks EVER.  I WAS terrible at it, but I've been doing so well this past month.  I can't believe how much I was able to save.  Not only was I able to put lots into my savings, but every pay day I still had leftovers in my checking account too (which never happens for me).
  1. Five Ways To Enjoy This Weekend For Free!
  2. Simple Ways To Grow Your Savings!
  3. Treating Yourself To Something Nice!
Rockport Vacation
I can't keep thinking about how much fun I had in Rockport and how I want to live there now.  It was perfect!  It's such a quiet pretty little place.  And for a nature love like myself, it's a dream!  I loved so many of the photos (and took so many!) that I split them up into three posts.  Part I, Part II, and Part III.



BONUS: Film Love!!!
Shame.  Starring Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan.  "In New York City, Brandon's carefully cultivated private life -- which allows him to indulge his sexual addiction -- is disrupted when his sister Sissy arrives unannounced for an indefinite stay."-IMDB
Steve McQueen rose to the top of my favorite film directors list after I saw Hunger (which also stars Fassbender) and I was so excited to finally see this film.  It's gritty, heart renching, and beautiful all in one.  I don't understand why this movie was an "Oscar Snub" as it is clearly deserving of recognition.  It did receive many nomonations and wins outside of the Oscar Awards though so I'm happy for that.  A fantastic film no doubt.
Steve McQueen is currently working on a film titled Twelve Years A Slave which, again, stars Michael Fassbender (AND Benedict Cumberbatch-yay!!!).   

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I could not believe it when Shame didn't get any Oscars love. For shame! (Geddit? Geddit? ;) ) Also, Michael Fassbender and Benedict Cumberbatch being in the same film might just melt my brain. Swoon. Have you watched Sherlock?

    PS. Love the frugal links - definitely necessary for me right now!

    xx

    Melissa @ Melicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Cumberbatch as Sherlock. He's perfect! I can not wait for season 3! Did you see the season two finale?!!! Woah!

      Delete
  2. What fun pictures you have! Loving it all! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete