Hiking Adventure and Snapshots #2

This weeks hiking trip was soooo much nicer than last weeks.  It was nice and cloudy, the temp wasn't over 100 degrees this time (it was close though!), and Matthew bought me a camelbak so that I would have plenty of water this time and not have to lug around a water bottle.  It was sooooo great!  I also collected a few goodies that I picked up along the way.





 I can't wait to go again this Sunday!  Sundays are my new favorite day of the week :)  On our first trip, we went on the red trail which proved to be wayyyy to advanced for us, so this time we took the purple and yellow trails and they were wonderful.  I'm really happy with the little goodies I picked up.  I've decided to start collecting Cicada shells.  I've loved them since I was little and they're just so neat!  I also want to start carrying an insect/spider field guide with me so that I can start identifying the ones I see.  Do you collect anything when you go hiking?

12 comments:

  1. Nice pictures and pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I want to go hiking with you! Oh and I am loving your nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun! And thank you!

      Delete
  3. What is that creepy bug thing?

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! It's actually a cast-off shell of a Cicada.

      Delete
  4. I love the treasures you found, especially the feathers! That looks like it was a blast! I'm curious, where did you do your hike? It looks like a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it was so much fun! I can't remember the actual name, I'll have to take note next time! It's right outside of Fort Worth though :)

      Delete
    2. Nice. (: I'm doing a cross-America road trip this year, so I'm keen on finding as many cool natural places to go to as I can!

      Delete
    3. Although I've never been, I say ad Dinosaur Valley State Park to your list for Texas. I'm planning on going soon since I live closer now.

      Delete
  5. All beautiful pictures! those shells are SO neat :)

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete