Frugal Living

I've come to the realization that I spend way too much money on stuff.  What that stuff is I can't even say.  I've definitely fallen into the routine of 'living paycheck to paycheck' and I got a wake up call this week.  I tried paying a bill online and it kept declining so after checking to make sure that my info was entered correctly, I called the bank to see what was going on.  I definitely had money in my account, but she told me that it was inactive and that I'd have to visit a banker to get it taken care of.  So this morning I made a trip to the bank.  Apparently my debit card was deactivated because I had two overdraft charges last week.  Ouch!  I have no excuses so I'm not even going to try to explain myself.  After talking with a banker we got everything set and I'll be receiving a new card in the mail shortly.  He also helped me out by opening up a savings account for me.  Just so you know, I'm the absolute worst when it comes to saving money.  Rotten.  I'm set on changing that and I'm planning on introducing a new feature as  a result:


Frugal Friday will be all about living cheap and having fun.  I'll be including helpful tips on how to save money, lists of fun things to do for free (or next to nothing), and inexpensive meal ideas/recipes.  I'm really looking forward to this feature and I hope it's something that will help not only me, but you as well!  

11 comments:

  1. i feel you. currently i'm living paycheck to paycheck (it's because I'm pretty much head of household, family of 4. Mom's a stayhome mom & Dad is a Real Estate Broker who has odd jobs here and there now d/t weird econ), plus i'm trying to save up for a wedding (super hard) and save up for school. I hope your Frugal Friday will be helpful!! Sooo looking forward to that :)))

    xo, Rima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have a lot to save for and I really hope this helps :)

      Delete
  2. Hopefully doing the blog posts will keep you on track. I keep track of all of my receipts from my purchases and put them in a spreadsheet. It helps me keep track of where my money is going so I know how where to reduce for the next month. It definitely took me several months to get in the habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a great idea! I need to do this also-especially for my groceries!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the idea of frugal Friday. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I spend too much money on stuff I don't really need or want so I'm sure this will be very helpful.

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am terrible about spending too much/saving anything, too. Looking forward to what you have in this series, I could use the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This could not have come at a better time in my life :)
    I am really looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy with all of the positive responses about this series and I can't wait for Friday to be here so that I can share my first Frugal Friday post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So looking forward to this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea,can't wait to read more! By the way,I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check it out here: http://windandthewillow [DOT] blogspot [DOT] com/2012/07/liebster-award.html Let me know if you decide to participate,I'd like to see your answers!

    ReplyDelete