Top 5 Thursday: Kate Winslet

Last week I started a new series titled "Top 5 Thursday".  I've decided to make this series all about film.  I'll be sharing lists of favorites from actors/actresses, characters, directors, soundtracks, and so on.  Last week I covered my favorite characters from my favorite actor, Johnny Depp.  You can see the post here if you missed it!  This week I thought I'd share favorite films starring Kate Winslet.  She's an incredibly talented and strong actress and I just adore her in everything I see her in.

Clementine in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
"A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with."-IMDB
See the trailer here.
Sylvia Davies in Finding Neverland
"The story of J.M. Barrie's friendship with a family who inspired him to create Peter Pan."-IMDB
See the trailer here.
Sarah Pierce in Little Children
"The lives of two lovelorn spouses from separate marriages, a registered sex offender, and a disgraced ex-police officer intersect as they struggle to resist their vulnerabilities and temptations."-IMDB
See the trailer here.
Hanna Schmitz in The Reader
"Post-WWII Germany: Nearly a decade after his affair with an older woman came to a mysterious end, law student Michael Berg re-encounters his former lover as she defends herself in a war-crime trial."-IMDB
See the trailer here.

April Wheeler in Revolutionary Road
"A young couple living in a Connecticut suburb during the mid-1950s struggle to come to terms with their personal problems while trying to raise their two children. Based on a novel by Richard Yates."-IMDB
See the trailer here.
  *BONUS*
I couldn't leave this list without including her very first film :
Juliet Hulme in Heavenly Creatures
"Two girls have an intense fantasy life; their parents, concerned the fantasy is too intense, separate them, and the girls take revenge."-IMDB
See the trailer here.
What are you favorite films starring Kate Winslet?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I've only seen 2/6... That tells me I am way behind on my Kate Winslet movies.
    Btw, I'm a lil curious as to why you didn't mention Titanic. (that's like the only movie I can name with her)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I knew someone would probably mention the absense of Titanic on the list. Titanic is definitely a great movie and I do like it a lot, it's just not in my top 5 (or 6 I guess) movies starring Kate Winslet.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I have never heard of Little Children!!! I love movies (though I tend to gravitate to rom coms!) :)

    www.DailyDoseofHandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Children is such a great film! It's far from being a Rom Com, but wonderful nonetheless.

      Delete
  3. Hi there, great post about Kate Winslet, she's one of the best. Finding Neverland is my favourite for sure.

    Your blog is darling! I'm new here and will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Titanic in 3D this last weekend, so that's one of my favorites. But my very favorite is Sense and Sensibility and Eternal Sunshine. I also loved her in the Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to see The Holiday! I'll have to ad that to my list of movies to watch soon :)

      Delete
  5. I loved this list... and Kate Winslet of course!
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my favourite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you included Heavenly Creatures! Kate Winslet is fantastic, but the list wouldn't have been complete without it. :)

    ReplyDelete