Things I Don't Want You To Know

I visited Caitlin's blog To Make Love Stay today and loved her post so I decided I'd do one myself.  Be sure to check hers out by clicking here!
  1. I dwell on bad experiences.  My little brothers dad (who we *happily* havent' seen in 17 years) was an abusive/alcoholic/drug addict that caused my sister and I to have visual and auditory hillucinations for years (among other things) and who beat up my mom on a regular basis.  My boyfriend in highschool was verbally and occasionally physically abusive-and it took my nearly 3 years to kick him to the curb.    I dwell on experiences like these and feel sorry for myself.  I had no control over the first experience considering I was just a little girl, but the second experience I blam on myself.  I'm disappointed in the fact that I took so much of it and it took so long for me to get out of that rotten relationship. 
  2. I've become afraid of the dark. I frequently wake up in the middle of the night thinking I've heard something or seen something and it takes me forever to fall back asleep.  I keep the bathroom light on.
  3. I have a creepy collection. Last year I started collected wire-photos of Ted Bundy.  I'm fascinated with serial killers for one...I have loads of books on a lot of them.  If you don't know what a wire-photo is, it's what newspapers used to send around to one another through a special machine (like a fax machine) so that other papers could use them.  The newspaper would then add a dated stamp each time they used the photo as well as a taped clip of the caption under the photo occasionally.  Wire-photos were invented in the 20s and after digital media came around-there wasn't really a need for them anymore.  I have about 11 wire-photos of Ted Bundy now and am always on the lookout for more...they don't creep up very often!  I'm planning getting a new photo binder and expanding my collection to include actors/actresses from films I love.  There are a few Indiana Jones and Star Wars ones that I'm wanting BADLY but they're about $50 each. 
  4. I have a hard time getting rid of things.  When I moved to my apartment in January I told myself that I was going to get rid of half the crap I own because I don't use hardly any of it.  I ended up with four large plastic containers full of stuff that I don't know what to do with.  They're just sitting in my living room.  Every time I go through them I make up reasons why I don't want to get rid of something, but there's really no good reason why I need to keep any of it. 
If you'd like to do a post like this on your blog please leave a link in the comments-I'd love to read yours!

2 comments:

  1. Okay. I have to say, I'm actually kind of relieved to stumble across someone else who is fascinated by serial killers.

    Very interesting list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vyxen! I always feel a bit iffy about bringing that one up, but it's definitely fascinating!

      Delete